1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rig all ready to go.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Burkartsplow, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Here are a few pics of some stuff I added to the truck in the last couple of weeks. I added the new pro rack, new lights on the salter, thanks Dissociative for the harness. It took a bit to get it right but patience was the key. New pro wings on my 8.5 poly which is now 124 inches wide or 10' 3" .Thanks DOOM AND GLOOM for the measurements and pictures. I am going to be able to push a lot of snow with that blade now. Cant wait to use it. Hopefully tonight. and a pic of the truck with no plow on front but with over 3K of salt in the bed and still sitting level. Got to love the firestone 5K heavy duty air springs and another side pic of the truck all rigged out and ready to go. And I jsut put in some new headlights. The Silverstar Ultra 4500KL.(On Sale) these things are bright.Hope you guys enjoy..ussmileyflag

blade up front.jpg

front truck day wings.jpg

front truck night.jpg

just finished weld.jpg

2. Burkartsplow

here are more

just installed.jpg

new lights silverstar ultra.jpg

rear lights off.jpg

rear lights on.jpg

3. Burkartsplow

here are the side pics all rigged out

And a pic of the welds.

side of truck 3 K.jpg

side truck outfitted.jpg

side welds.jpg

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

truck looks all ready to go! nice pics

5. Burkartsplow

6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Aaron you better put the plate on the back of the blade so it dont rip threw the poly and put the other pins in to. Every thing looks great and I could have built you a rack for less then the pro rack cost you. :waving:

7. Burkartsplow

yeah I have the plate. I just put them on quickly for the pic. when I plow they are on for sure. I got such a great deal on it and a few other things that I was buying and being busy with christmas stuff I had no time to head to Madison.

8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I just finished up one for a guy on here from Eylria and might have 6 more to build it was tough building it around the holiday but I got it done plus I had to fix the dam Western wings they are junk. :D

9. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

sounds like u need a robotic welder so u can just sit back and make money

10. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

That would be great are you going to get me one for a late Christmas present LOL.

11. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

ummm No, and if i did it would be hot

12. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Thats ok it needs to be hot to weld. LOL :D :D

13. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

hey quick question for ya, my back bumper on the f150 its got 2 holes in the under side are those strong enough for mounting flood lights

14. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Are they in the corner of the bumper? if so yes but I didnt like the look on my super duty with them there. But the is a few guys aroung here with them on the f 150s and it looks ok. Just my 2 cents and Aaron sorry about high jacking the thread Buddy. :waving:

15. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

That truck is a beast! I really like the salter setup on the back of it. Plow looks good too. Ever thing of an LED light bar?

16. Burkartsplow

I am going to get an LED mini lightbar next year. spent money o everything else so the dual rotators will work for now. going to get a new dump and when I do I will put the rotator on that and get the LED for this truck. thanks for the comments.

17. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks good...a great snow fighting truck you have there.

Your girl friend still looks good also!:waving::drinkup:

18. Runner

Runner Senior Member

You're going to have to get some flat stock, about 4" wide, bend it to a curve to match the moldboard, and weld it vertically to hold where the pin goes through that poly moldboard. It doesn't even ave the square plates on there to distribute the force of the pins. As that thing pushes snow, and when it goes into a pile (let alone hit anything), there is ALOT of leverage on that wing to swivel. You will wear on that pin, and pull it right through that moldboard in NO time at all. Get out there and get on it! :)

19. Truck_Stuff

Truck_Stuff Inactive
    from NJ

Aaron I think the ProRack looks great!!!! Haha

20. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Ya Aaron great setup