1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Riding Sidewalk Salter Vee Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by StratfordPusher, Jan 14, 2008.

1. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Riding Sidewalk Salter Vee Plow.... now this is cool.... other then plastic gears in the drive it's a neat looking unit.....found it at the Landscape Ontario show last week.... think it's around 1500.00 complete... runs off a weedeater gas motor...

Al

ridingsalter1.jpg

ridingsalter2.jpg

2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

That is kinda cool, but it needs some sort of enclosure to protect me from the elements :D

3. jkitterman

jkitterman Senior Member

I would think it would have trouble pulling when it runs low of salt. Plowing and pulling someone may be too much for it with a low weight.

4. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Awesome unit, but for $1500.00 I would rather put that towards a used quad. I don't see a weedeater engine moving the weight oif the machine, salt, pulling a rider on the sulky and plowing snow!

5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

True that, weed wacker engine too small for 200 lb. guy and 40 lb. salt, that baby would be :eek: tired out fast !!

6. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

wow looks like a perma green for salt

7. StratfordPusher

400 in Use

Company Rep onsite at the show said they had 40 demos in use all last winter and they performed very well. They used the feedback they got to come up with the final retail product.......

I told them I would demo one and if I was happy with it after the first full season I would buy one....lol..... sorry...no demos this season... lol

Guess I won't be the first on the block with this machine....

Al

8. StratfordPusher

Spyker Spreaders

The SCOTT Company. Cyclone and Spyker are registered trademark of. Spyker Spreaders

Can't find it online anywhere...

Al

9. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

Demoed where, Mexico City. Tough winter last year. Mucha gracius gringo.

Think about it. You will need some horsepower to move a 12 inch snow with that plow.
    Nice concept though

10. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Well said Fireball !!

11. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

maybe its got deep gears. 20,000 rpm and 2mph.

12. scitown

scitown Senior Member

For all of you landscapers on here. Have you ever been riding along on rocket wheels behind a mower and clipped a root or rock even walking for that matter? Of course you have. Now put a sharp edge on that mower and a bunch of sand. I dont care if that thing has a trip edge or not. My ribs are sore just looking at that thing.

13. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That looks like a good way to get a nut shot when you hit a bump.

14. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i was thinking the same thing, except it would not be your ribs that would be sore. it would be your face as you go over the bars and slide to a stop.

15. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I guess if the sidewalk was perfectly flat...nah some nuts and bolts just can't be replaced if you know what I mean. :cry: