1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ride Rite Air Bags

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by JDWalkbehind, Aug 20, 2008.

1. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Well i'm looking for some input on the ride rite air bags. I've got a 96 F250 i need them for the front-it doesn't ride that great with the plow. Is it worth getting the on board compressor? How hard is it to fill them up without the onboard compressor? How do you monitor the pressure when you fill or deflate them? For the most part i've heard good things about them. But any help would be great. If anyone has a truck simular to mine with the air bags in pic's would be helpful. thanks

2. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

most of the ones i have seen and installed get the onboard compressor. there will be a set of gauges that comes with it and you just flip a button and air them up or down. so much simpler that way.
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I took some off my bosses 06 f350 before he sold it. He had the cheaper kit where you use an external air compressor in your shop to fill them. He had to hoses with air hookups on the rear by the trailer electrical hookup. Just air them up to the same psi and your good to go.