1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ride on snowblowers/ Mower attachment snowblower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joe Mittler, Aug 15, 2000.

1. Joe Mittler

Joe Mittler Junior Member

What are my options in ride on snow blowers? Is any one using scag mowers with a snow blower attachment. The scag Turf Tiger would be awsome as a snow blower. Currently using small mtds, doesnt ho;d up well to commercial use. Whats the hot setup?

2. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

TORO AND JD

I've used both Toro and JD setups, and liked them both. You want something with a good cab, and comfortable for the operator. You also need to look at its year round uses, and additional attatchments that it can use to make you $$ when the snow doesn't pile up like you want it to!!

Hope this helps!

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

That kubota F 2400, with a cab is mint for moving snow, I might just buy it.

Geoff

4. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

The two ride on blowers that my guys like best are a 4100 that we modified an old 400 series blower to fit on it,it has a cab and heat. Also we modified a wheel horse blower off a lawn and garden tractor to fit our hydrostastic toro walk behind with sulkie. With the 20hp. motor it really chews through the snow