1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

RI hoisting license

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by mws_1984, Jun 29, 2012.

1. mws_1984

mws_1984 Junior Member
    from MA

How much of a pain is it to get this one. Company I'm hoping to get hired for asked if I had that one as well. I've got my app. in to go for the MA exam. I've briefly looked at the RI application and it seems alot more detailed to get the RI licenses.
    Like it asks for work history and equipment you have trained on and such. They are also very particular and want things notarized.

Almost wondering if I should get the MA one, get some time on the machines under my belt then consider the RI one, cause it looks like a pain.

2. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Seems like everything in RI is a pain.

3. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

I know guys who have operated for 15-20 years and still have trouble getting the RI license. Another reason i hate that state,

4. mws_1984

mws_1984 Junior Member
    from MA

I heard something to the effect that RI may accept CT licenses as well or something. I'm due to take my MA test next week. Would be nice to get more, but if its tough then I'll stick with MA for now.

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Just got mine back today for the renewal. i'm good till '14 with MA