1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rhode Island diffacult to forcast

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snow mover, Jan 21, 2005.

1. snow mover

snow mover Junior Member
    from RI

RHODE ISLAND is by far a diffacult area to forcast snow amounts. The ocean air and the terrain make you either in a 6 inch snow fall catagory or a 10 to 12 inch one. I am near the airport and it is usually a larger amount of snow here. The southern part of the state is usually a change over to wet snow and rain. The matter of a few miles saids it all. Does anyone else have this problem in their area? :)

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Kind of, go a little north of Boston, like you can still see the Boston Skyline but there is twice as much snow. From where I live, you can drive 25 Miles south east and have the temp be as much as 15 degrees warmer during a storm. My town is up a little higher then most around the area, there can be a noticeable difference in snow cover just 1 town away.

3. danno

danno Senior Member

Where in RI are you ?

4. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

i am near east providence, and i can have some accounts with 2 or 3 and another with 4 or 5....seems like where they are located to water helps..

5. danno

danno Senior Member

My in-laws have a house on Beach Rd. in Westerly. About a mile from the ocean. Beautiful state. :cool:

6. blk94fiveoh

blk94fiveoh Junior Member
    from MN

I've got news for ya...Its not just R.I. that the weathermen have a difficult time forecasting. ;) I'd say about 75% of the time they are flat out wrong.