1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rhino Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Admiral Hockey, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Admiral Hockey

Admiral Hockey Junior Member

Okay all, I'm still kinda new to the site, I did a bunch of reading, and still have some questions.........In all my reading about painting plows I've only seen one person that said they tried the rhino liner on the plow and had impressive results with it. If the price is fairly afforadable (I think they said around $200 for the whole job) Why have more people not tried it???? I also have a Western plow with the paint chipping problem It seems to me that for the amount of time most people have taken to sandblast the plow and repaint it would be more beneficial to pay to have it rhino lined.
    Thanks to all those that have answered previous posts even though I should have done more homework on the SEARCH side of things before posting.

Think Snow!!!!!

86 F-250 XLT ext cab 8' bed Western 8' Pro
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Andy, The same idea has been going through my head, I have a 15 year old blade that is in good shape for its age but i cant keep the paint on it anymore. We recently started doing bed liners at the shop i work at and am going to spray the front of my blade as a test for the shop to see how it holds up. Our liner is a 2 part system, unlike most of the others, and the finished product is similiar to a poly moldboard. You would still have to either sand or sandblast the area to be sprayed for the material to bond, so there would still be the additional prep cost. Hope to have this done within a couple of weeks and hopefully be able to tell how it will hold up by mid janurary. Jeff