1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rhino Lining V Box?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by KATTRANSPORT, Jan 5, 2008.

1. KATTRANSPORT

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

Thinking of haveing the metal surfaces on my Snow Ex 8500 Rhino Lined. Anyone else ever do anything like this ? Looking for some imput

2. robo01

robo01 Junior Member

i think that would look pretty good. I once saw a truck that was all rhino lined looked pretty cool

3. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

i would worry it would cause the sand if thats what your using to stick

4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

then wouldnt it stick to the inside of ur truck bed? personaly id have them take it back off if i put sand in the bed of my truck and it stuck

5. KATTRANSPORT

What do you mean cause the sand ? Im confused

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Protecting the Mild steel on the Snow ex is a great idea. to get proper prep and a good sealing coat would require dis-assembly of the entire unit. all the covers and hardware would have to be removed or taped to allow future maintenance or repair. If properly done it conceptually is a great idea, but I spray liners and don't think I could offer a cost effective price for doing this if I had to do all the labor.

7. KATTRANSPORT

I couldent just tape off the poly portion and have the metal blasted?