1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rhino liner

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by site, Dec 5, 2001.

1. site

site Member

I've been wondering what would happen if I scuffed up the paint on all areas underneath a truck then sprayed with rubberized bedliner? Like a rubber undercoat. Would this work?

2. Waterchikn

Waterchikn Senior Member

It would be great if they would do that at the factory. I don't know ...you would have to be sure that there is no rust, cause when you cover rust like that, i think it would be bad.. I don't know. i have seen a couple truck beds fall apart with the regular bed liners. If you got the time and money....hell, give a shot...
    I would be interested in knowing the results.

3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Where are you located? I turn wrenches for an auto parts store in Highland, IN (because I am the only one there who can both sell and install plows and spreaders). I have seen a few guys ask me to take their plow truck bed off and spray it with Rhino. The cost is high and you never see it. But... It deadens the sound from the road and it makes the exterior panels seem more "solid". Plus, let's not forget the rust proof factor.

4. BOB JONES

BOB JONES Junior Member

All of my trucks are sprayed with a similar product to rhino works great onlly prep needed is high pressure powerwashing &bed does not need to come off