1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rhino liner on dump body

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cosmo, Oct 2, 2003.

1. cosmo

cosmo Junior Member

I am going to have my dump body (2-3 yard rugby eliminator) sandblasted and painted. the bottom of the bed will be undercoated. Since these dumps are prone to rusting and require constant maintenance and touch ups. I was thinking about having it entirely done with rhino liner or durabak or herculiner etc. Has anyone done or know of someone that has done this? if so, are they happy with it. pros/cons any info would help.

Thanks
    Cosmo

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

The only downside I can see to it is maybe having the material stick to it when you try to dump it out, I could be wrong however.

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

The material will stick to it,and won't dump very well.I would do the bottom in a sheet of stainless,and then try the rhino on the front and sides.

4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

you could do the outside and bottom but I would leave the inside alone.There is a truck on ebay and I think some one posted it on here with the black rino sides looks good.

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Look into a liner from Ameraguard, They have a spray/pour in type liner just for dump trucks. They use a 2 part poly urea/poly ureathane material.

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

What about something like POR-15? I know its expensive, but they show a guy beating the freshly coated frame with a hammer, and nothing chips off.

I don't know too much about it, but it seems like pretty tough stuff.

:confused:

7. JML

JML PlowSite.com Veteran

my cousin has some type of plastic/rubber??? liner installed on all of his tri axle dump trucks. Even clay doesn't stick to it, i'll have to ask him..

8. cosmo

cosmo Junior Member

Thanks for the input guy's. I read a few older post about this. they said there were no issues with material sticking. I have felt the stuff when it's on. and with the dump body raised I can't imagine it sticking. One big down fall of a dump body is that fact that it is so smooth that equipment gets knocked around. The POR-15 looks like some really good stuff. But it is a little expensive. and I don't think it is UV protected. You have to top coat it. with their top coat or paint. I think the spray on liner is really stuff and will definitely hold up top the abuse. One of my concerns is how will it look. The stuff is textured. Thanks again for the input.
    Cosmo

9. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

You can have them apply RHINO without the rubber granules. It will be VERY slick then. I Durabak I know for sure has a smooth texture product.

Howard

10. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a Line_X liner in my truck and was told the same thing. Depending on how it is applied, it can be very rough to provide a lot of traction or else sprayed on smooth.