1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Reznor shop heater anyone?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by newhere, Jan 15, 2013.

1. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Does anyone have a Reznor heater in the shop?

If so how many BTU's, shop size and most importantly how much fuel per month are you using?

Im thinking about installing a 200k BTU model in the shop and trying to get a basic idea on what i will be burning in propane a month.

2. Duramax Plower

Duramax Plower Junior Member

Heater

Best heater ever made, have one in my shop run all day all winter , 7 years ever touched , know on wood

3. tread lightly services

tread lightly services Member

i hae a hot dog in my garage 35000 btu very cheap to run

4. newhere

from Fenton

What does the fuel run you a month?

I plan on leaving mine on all winter. Turn it down to 45 at night and 60 when im working inside. Fueling up the torpedo heater at a cost of 40 bucks a day is ridiculous.

Our house uses about 350 bucks of propane for 5 weeks so im hoping i can get about the same in the shop. I would be happy with 350 for 4 weeks of use.

5. Duramax Plower

Duramax Plower Junior Member

We have natural gas and i heat our house and garage 30x40 for $190 last month, House 70, Shop 65

6. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I have a wall mount dual burn heater in my garage. Nat gas/propane. I run Nat gas.
    Garage is 1,000 sq ft and it can maintain a even temp of choice depending on the setting.
    Depending how high I set it it costs about $70 a month extra on the gas bill.
    It has a small fan and is temp controlled to go off ,again, depending on your setting.

Have had it 9 years now and zero problems. I also have a ceiling fan to keep all the heat from rising which I found to be a big problem using a ceiling type mounted heater.
    A few guys on here have been in my garage during winter and cant believe how well it works for the size of the garage. Thumbs Up

garage heater.gif

garage heater.gif

7. procuts0103

procuts0103 Senior Member

Reznor 75000 btu here. Shop is 68 degrees all winter. About 70 bucks a month at 30 degrees outside. Worth every penny my friend!

M

8. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I take it you guys have your shops insulated? Sadly, mine is not.

9. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

My garage is insulated and drywalled with double pane windows.

10. hatefulmechanic

hatefulmechanic Senior Member

If you are uninsulated, I would suggest an infrared heater instead of a forced air one.

11. newhere

from Fenton

mine is insulated everywhere, insulated doors, and 1/2" osb as drywall on all walls and ceiling.

12. hatefulmechanic

hatefulmechanic Senior Member

What size shop? I have a 350k in a 7200sqft shop and it does very well.

13. newhere

from Fenton

mine is about 1200 but the ceilings are 16' tall.

Im going with a 100k that should be plenty

14. hosejockey4506

hosejockey4506 Senior Member

get a out door wood burner, you have more wood on your property then half the state of michigan

15. maelawncare

I have a wood furnace. But I dont like running it, not only smoke sometimes inside. But it can take an hour to heat up, and when Im only going to be in there for a few hours it sucks. And my torpedo heater creates too much moisture.

16. newhere

from Fenton

hahaha

I looked into outdoor boilers but by the time its said and done i will be about 8-10 grand into a decent one plus the heat exchangers and the pipe. Then i need a wood splitter ( saw you with a new one yesterday) then i have to factor in a hour a day to split and load and smell like smoke.

What really makes me worry is all the problems with the outdoor burners, seems like every one i know has had theirs spring a leak.

I figure for 1,500 a winter in propane i can handle that.

17. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I've got a 150K hanging in my shop for years, actually installed the same one at the last shop as well. I heat about 2400 sq. feet, 15' average ceiling height, "decent" insulation, about 50 degrees when vacant, 60+ when I'm working in there, and it costs me about $700-1000 a year on propane. This year propane's relatively low, especially if you pre-paid it.......

18. newhere

from Fenton

Good to hear, i find myself getting alot more done in the shop when its warm!

The heater are actully really cheap. I neever installed one because i thought they would be 4-5 grand but they are less then 1,000 dollars!

19. maelawncare

Where did you get it from?

20. newhere

from Fenton