1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rewiring Plowlight - Blizzard

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rduchateau2954, Dec 8, 2009.

1. rduchateau2954

rduchateau2954 Junior Member

I need to put a new wiring harness in a blizzard light bar. There is a little gromet on the bottom/inside of the housing that I can't figure out how to remove.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. rduchateau2954

rduchateau2954 Junior Member

Got the old wiring harness out. Now a new problem. This is a company work truck, so keep in mind I would never treat my own vehicle like this but what you gonna do.

Whoever took it apart never marked the old wires. I have three plugs on the back of the light housing. They are the same color and size and I have no idea what wires go where on it. I have three wires, three connectors and no clue as which order they go.

I tried to take apart the other lamp to use as a reference but the screws are rusted and stripped. :realmad:

Again, I appreciate any help.

Ryan

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

one should be ground, 2 should be power. get a test light.