1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

revolving or strobe

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by rfed32, Jul 24, 2008.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

hey there i was looking today at gettin a revoling light bar for the truck...i have a small strobe but i dont know how much i like it...sometimes i dont think you can see it to well i feel live the old 20 dollar revolving i had got brighter what do you guys think

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

what strobe is it? i prefer strobes over halogens, but you get what you pay for.. i just sold my mini edge and whelen h/a's to my buddy and am ordering two Star 255TC strobe beacon's for $140. you can choose either double flash or quad flash and during quadflash they put out 19 joules... i started with an ecco dual halogen rotator but found strobes to be more effective and draw less power... its mainly a preference thing some like halogen, some strobes, and some like led's..

3. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

LED ......... i dont like strobes unless there hid-a-ways or the whelen mini edge so if you want a chep one with awsome power go for the code 3 420

AM420IMG-lg.jpg

4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

my buddy just sold that same light, it worked good for him and costs under a $100

5. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

You might want to at least look at some LED light's, great lights, low to no maintenance, and low, low low current draw! Good luck in your choice!

6. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

I got a mini light bar from aw direct in their tag sale area of their show room for $120, brand new its over 250. I think its like 2 years old but it was worth the price. All it is, is 2 beacons in a clear enclosed light bar with some mirrors in them which helps reflect the light better. I also bought 4 TIR 3 which I put two in the grill and two right below my dump insert. All I need to do now is fix the work light I hit when I got stuck in the mud.

7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Leds and strobes use alot less power to run but to each their own. I have a strobe minibar on one truck and the others have these LED bars:

LED.jpg

8. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

It's all preference. I'm old school... I like the ol' Halogens, they are coming out with LED's with Rotators don't know when and which company will be the first to hammer a good one and personally I HATE STROBES and STROBE LED's... They have a really bad habbit of washing out even the newer age sets.

There's been alot of polls on here on what people like. It's all preference and what you can afford.

9. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Make and Cost of that bar?

10. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Well 1 positive with the rotator lights. You know when they're working! You can hear the motors. Strobes you have the wyning through your speakers but you still can't tell if the lights are workingl LED's...You have to pray that they're working.

11. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA