1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Revolution Resolution??

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Bruno, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Bruno

Bruno Member

I'm just wondering, since the end of the season is almost here what is be done with the problems we have been having with this blade? I remember reading posts that SW was working on the problems yet i haven't seen anything giving us some direct as to when we should expect a resolution to very serious problems that i am having.

I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one with lifting issues, and that this issue has been swept under the carpet. Come on! the season is almost over!

Anybody else getting this feeling or is it just me?

SW reps are more then welcome to comment on this situation.

2. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I'd like to hear the response too. I know a few folks in which the speed is once again the bain of snoway's vee plow. I'll be on the market for two new blades for next season .... but, I don't want marketing hype.

3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

from what i understand, there has already been a few fixes! go to your dealer, they should have the parts there.

4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

U bet they swept it under the carpet... Im still pissed, Me dealer even said my Rev is beyond the point of no return... It's f'd, totally fell right apart... Broke about every weld there was, right wing is on it's way out......

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We need popcorn!!!

6. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Be assured that Sno-Way continues to work diligently to resolve any remaining issues with the MegaBlade Series Plows. Any information related to product updates will be issued through our network of retailers.

At this point, MegaBlade owners should stay in touch with key personnel at their Sno-Way retailer. It is also important to be sure that your Sno-Way retailer has registered your MegaBlade Series Plow with Sno-Way. If you are not sure if your retailer has registered your plow, ask them. If you are still not sure after asking them, please PM me with your serial number and I will check to see if it was registered.

7. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Personally the major issues seem to be with the revo. For the Mega V has really treated me good with mininmal grief. With that said I still think the head honchos for SW should grease our pockets allittle bit.

For all of us who put thier faith in the SW line up should have some special (LOYALTY) pricing for the next season of plows. This to absorb all the time we the owner operators have spent working on the MEGA plows and the down time and waiting for upgrades.

I must admit SW does an excellent job in getting parts out fast. Plus my local distribitor really makes the effort in getting the job done right and fast.

Why when you are ordering a set of $750.00 wing extensions for the Mega series are the markers NOT included????

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  8. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

May be true but, I find references from the plowsite and actual users to be highly valuable as a part of my decision making. I hope this series of plows is fixed up and that maybe a nice video showing it in action, speed, lifting power is clear to the viewer.
    Thanks!

9. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

I did my updates and it is even slower than before. SW tech said "we have to sacrifice something when we change things" and so we sacrifice speed for power. Thats crap if you ask me. others are doing it. But he said they are working on alot of things but i asked what and he wouldn't answer me. We all understand that 1st year products have issues so I am confident that SW will improve these but will us that have thfese now get the good plows or we gonna get stuck with these the way they are. I rather have wing speed. In my mind they put all the efforts in the electronics end (awful remote) and they put nothing into the hydraulics end. i.e. brand new all new plow and the same damn slow ass pump they had on the 28V. The 28V is a good plow but its slow, so now we have something that is heavier yet and try to get it faster and can't. I want a new designed pump trhat works fast with less oil, less amp draw. They are out there all on different colors.
    As far as updates they told me they are done with fixes at this point so we will have to wait until next year. Don't you guys aggree that we shouldn't have to wait and go hacking up our brand new plows for the 2nd year in a row. We are supposed to make money with these not spend trip after trip to the dealer, I get no free fuel so yeah it does cost me with 30 minute trip each time.
    My new remote stuck again after i loosened the screws on the back. My faith is falling fast at this point.

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Wow, one would almost think some sort of buyback would be in order for those who were unknowingly beta testers of a new product.

And then maybe given the true production model for the next season.

basher, heavy on the butter, light on the salt please.

11. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Making me want a new blade from Sno-Way less and less now.
    I sure as hell don't want to be a 2nd year tester for them.

12. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

I think there are a lot of us, dealers included, anxious to see how this plays out. I think it is vital that they take one in the pants this year to ensure customer and dealer confidence in the product. One of my customers essential tore the entire passenger side wing off his Mega V. Thank God they warrantied the plow. It was a mess.

The fluffy lake effect snow they test with in the UP is a lot different than good ole Southern Midwest wet heavy system snow and sometimes big ice. They need to make a decision soon so people can start making plans for next year.

13. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

Perfect example why they need to get this issue resolved and put to bed. It's going to cost them more money in the long run if they just ignore what happened and hope it goes away.

14. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

if they don't figure all the issues out I guess I'll be going back to my 28v because it has four seasons on it and less down time than this new mbv in the short season that we had hear this year. Pretty sad when the bosses truck with the new plow is the one that needs help every time from the back-up instead of the other way around. Don't get me wrong I love snoway products and will continue to run the older plows and other things. But I am really disappointed in the new plow, yes it is faster but its 18" wider than the 28v was on the same truck.
    Also I know my plow is registered for warranty because I got my gloves for both of the products I bought in 08, but do I need to be on another list for the continued updating and info?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  15. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

s melchi not to bash you but you have the new polaris Rush as one of your pictures do you think that polaris gives a rip about there cutomers ie the fusion blues or the 09 d8!:mad:

16. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

This could not be said any better bud. Waiting is not the solution.

17. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

I sent you a pm to check my status for register of my plow. These guys get gifts and stuff and i haven't even gotten a thank you, cool huh. anyways pleaswe let me know.
    Did anyone get their sno deflector that was told was coming with the plows when they are installed, me either. Good sales pitch tho.

18. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Im a big fan of snoway as you all know. I have been following these threads and my opinion remains the same, Sno-way did not do nearly enough field testing on these units! They need to make this situation right. Plow people are loyal to equipment that holds up, you loose that, you loose the customer!

19. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Im in the same boat as you buddy, same boat

Snoways #1 Priority should be getting us guys on plowsite that are having trouble fixed up........ by doing whatever it takes, and i mean whatever it takes.... I know i read 2 negative posts on the blizzard speedwing plow... I was a true believer in that thing, after i read that, i said screw that p.o.s.. and bought something different... I can't even imagine how many people have read these negative snoway threads and were thinking about getting one in the back of thier mind and now have totally changed thier minds... I know for certian i wouldnt be buying one after the stuff i have read.... So if anyone from snoway is actually listening, here a big hint... PM us and get this straightened out cause as others have said... you guys had to do something to get your act together cause everyone was buying other brand plows and now all your doing is ruining your "new and improved" reputation BIG TIME

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Mark, I thought you went for Popcorn??