1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Revised Backup Light Bar!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by FisherVMan, Jan 26, 2011.

1. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

I decided today to come up with a better way to hang lights off a light bar in the reece hitch! Went up and then back and tucked them right back so they are behind the edge of the bumper! Will try this a see how it works ..................... does cover some of the Vanity Plate; so any "legal beagles" will say "cops wont like them" ???Nearest cop around here is 50 miles away so not expecting a big problem with that.Thumbs Up

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You say that now, but you'll turn out of your driveway and bam! HAHA! That'd be my luck.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i like it man, its out of the way and wont likely get destroyed if you happen to back into a pile.
  4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks much better! I like it. Just watch out for the cops, they are everywhere. I live in a very, very small town and drove my Trans Am without any plates on it about 100 feet from one of my driveways to my other driveway that goes to the barn behind my house at 9 PM at night. Wouldn't you know that a cop was coming the other way and bagged me? Let me off tho. :)
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Nice design. I like how you have the backup beeper there also. I want to put one on my truck but I need to figure out a way to turn it off in the middle of the night. I am sure there is an easy way to do it. I just have not asked for help yet. But it looks like a winner to me. Good Job.
  6. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Nice design. Hope it works good for you!! Need to rig up some lights on mine!!
  7. ajbernie

ajbernie Member
    from Maine

thats easy just cut one of the power wires for the backup alarm and put a switch in nothing crazy when the switch is in the off position the alarm wont be getting any power and when you energize the switch and whamo; noise:drinkup:
  8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i like it......................
  9. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

How do you guys back into piles?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!:laughing:
    im sorry but thats one thing i DONT do!
    I drive a big truck with a huge liquid tank and and am always aware of my surroundings!

Heres a drawing i sent to a buddy of mine whose guys kept hitting *****! (dont mean to hi-jack your thread but its a pet peeve!)
    Also i plow to mount rear lights on my trucks with a rear "beeper" with a toggle switch either on the hitch setup or in the truck (on the hitch thing would prob. be easier, just requires you to get out the truck to turn it on and off!

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i back into piles all the time plowing driveways.
  11. alwayz-plowin

alwayz-plowin Senior Member

100% Agree!

At work i have the pleasure of driving a 100K rig! i would hate to ruin that by hitting a pile of ice and wrecking the truck! Just learn how to plow! I guess im just one of the hundred guys out there who care about their equip.
  12. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

fisher v man nice system can we see some full truck pics
  13. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Good call on the back up alarm. Thumbs Up

One of the properties I work at requires you to have an alarm or honk when reversing; I got tired of honking so our mechanic put an alarm on.
  14. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

For what?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
    What is the location if you dont mind me asking?
  15. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Just sayin but I doubt anyone goes headlong balls to the walls in reverse into a pile. Sometimes it just happenes. hell, I did it tonight backing out of the shop at work. no biggy. little snow on the bumper. But I doubt anyone has their foot to the floor when they hit a pile...
  16. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

It's a manufacturing plant, they're just big on safety. Safety toe shoes, safety glasses and hardhats are mandatory any time you are not in a vehicle on company property. :dizzy:
  17. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Joey 7599;
    Here is a few shots of our F150 HD with the SS Xtreame V on it! This is second one we have had set up like this . 8200 GVW. Works fantastic and in todays world of tinfoil plow really has guys wondering about all this hype about half tons???? Here are a few shots of it!
  18. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

Here is a few shots of our F150 HD with the SS Xtreame V on it!

you labeled your truck as a F-150HD, what do you mean?
  19. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Just that an HD..................... Ford still makes a Heavy Duty Half Ton truck ??? Never heard of it??? Some of the things that are different are much higher GVW at 8200 instead of the standard 7200. The easyest way to identify one is they have a 7 lug wheel instead of the standard 6 lug. Features include larger rear ends 9.25" instead of the 8.8" and larger axles and bearings. HD shocks and of course the bigger springs to up the GVW, The payload increases to 1500 lbs from the standard 1000.
    It also includes Trailer Tow pckg that has the bigger battery and alternator and comes with the additional transmission cooler. So its a different animal than a reg half ton with car springs. and rear ends...................
    Hope this clears that all up.
    Americans have really lost sight of all this; and now shop for CD players, sun roofs and power windows; and cell phone options ........................ they usually have the truck for some time before finding out it has a car type suspension under it and nothing is ready for towing or plowing????:eek:
  20. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The new lights look great Fisher V Man. I wouldn't worry about cobs either. I was hauling my snowmobile trailer (wich is registered but I didn't put the plate on it) the other day and a state trooper fallowed me all for like 5 miles and I never got pulled over. I couldn't belive it. I had the blate inside the trailer and the registration was in the glove box but, I was still sweating bullets.