1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Reviews on Hiniker C plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mike ward, Feb 24, 2015.

1. mike ward

mike ward Member

I am looking at the above plow for use on condo's and other areas where a lot of small drive back-dragging is done. We are an all Western fleet of about 20 plows with the wide out being our newest fav but they aren't so great for back-dragging. Reviews and experience with them would be great!

Thanks, Mike
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

There good going forward.
    They leave more by the door, by design
  3. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I've had one for years. It's great for garage work. Does a great job back dragging.
  4. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I don't own one, but work with one that another contractor uses, works great.
  5. 9.5hinvee

9.5hinvee Junior Member
    from Mn

i personally do not own one, but have many guys who own them that I plow with, Hiniker plows are made in the town we plow in, soooooo, they are around... good plow... my cousin is on season 8 with his i think, and it was bought 1 0r 2 years old I believe... they have their place for sure back draging, and work like a regular straight blade otherwise...
  6. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

The curve of the plow doesn't allow you to get as close to a building/ garage door as a straight or v plow will.
    leaving more behind for you to shovel.

The curve also lets more spill around the plow when back dragging.

They are good plows but other plows are built stronger.

I have a hiniker.;)
  7. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

The c plow is the one that folds over to backdrag, not the one thats shaped like 3 blades welded together like a wideout
  8. scottydosnntkno

scottydosnntkno Member

Your thinking of the scoop plow. The c plow is the one that flips over back dragging
  9. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

your right, I am.
    Never seen a C plow.