1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

reverse plow blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dr Who, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Ok, so you all may have seen this before, I just found it, did a search to see if it was on here, but no luck...

Now, I thought about this for rear plow setup, using the pump and angle clynders...
    Not sure it would be practial, but its an idea.

but this, well I am not so sure its very practial, and looks to limit what all he can do wth that plow. not to mencion what would happen in a big snow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAEhpagZL_4

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

3. That design looks ridiculus! Id rather have my better push edge forward. Very limited what you could do with that contraption. Just get a rear pull plow if ya have alot of back draggin to do! As also noted Hiniker makes the c plow that flips over.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  4. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Why?
    I bet he has 2-300 bucks in that set up, the hinker plow may be more then what he gave for the truck....

5. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

What a complete waste of time.

6. Um for one how is he gonna plow forward,stack or angle? watch the video his forward "plowing" with the back of the moldboard did little else other then spread the snow around. Also I tend to prefer to do most of my plowing in D not R! Not an option with that "rig" If he was gonna rig a set up like that would have been much more effective to rig it as a rear pull plow.

7. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Different strokes for different folks i guess

8. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

I agree that its not practical, unless all yo udid was drag back, with someone else doing the pushing...

I was refering to the why vs the one factory made....

9. D&E

D&E Senior Member

"Just because you are unique, does not mean you are useful."

Come on, man. This has to be a joke.

10. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

That is stupid. Put that contraption on the back end of a truck not the front. But by the time you fab it up, might as well by a regular back blade anyway.

11. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

or someone that had nothing better to do and said, "what the heck, I'll try it"!

12. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Oh man there's two minutes I am never getting back! :laughing: Can't believe I actually watched it to the end, kept thinking, "maybe there will be some redeeming value at the end"

13. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

Times two. X2