1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

reverse lights wiring

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by fordtruck661, Nov 9, 2012.

1. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

Hi guys

What Im trying to do it put in 2 led spot light for added backing up light. What i want to do is have them turn on when put into reverse but also have a switch i can use to turn them on when not in reverse. Just need to know what relay I need and if it even can be done.

I was also thinking of just taping into the wiring harness and adding a wire that goes to the spot lights and another wire that goes to a switch that I could turn on and supply power to the light when not in reverse (I know it will light the revers light also) but is it ok to do that?

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

You will need a 3 way switch. On always/off/on in reverse.

I have this set up on mine and really like it a lot. I did not wire it though Wicked Warnings did.

I believe there is a thread either on the site or within the "Strobe" forum. Do a search the thread I am thinking of has a diagram including all relays needed and what wires where.

3. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

Yeah I remember reading it somewhere but cant find it.......if anyone has the link that would be great.

4. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Subscribed in case someone lists the wiring diagram.. I already have the led's on the bumper, it be great to be able to turn them on and leave them on when salting.

5. Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey Senior Member

Here ya go. You will need a SPDT switch. Sorry for the giant picture.

[​IMG]

reverse3way.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  6. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT