1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Reverse Lights not working

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 042500hd, Nov 16, 2008.

1. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

On one of our Express vans the reverse lights have stopped working. We've checked the fuses, bulbs and exposed wires in the cargo area and cannot find any problems. Does anyone have any insight into what may cause this? Any thoughts are appreciated.

2. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

They only work when you put it into reverse...Try that ...

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Might be reverse switch on trans.....

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Thats what I was thinking as well. Does the wire to the reverse lights have any power when in reverse? Have someone put the van in reverse and probe the wires behind the tailights and see if you have any power.

5. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

We had a new trans put in about 2 months ago. It's possible this problem has been there since then. I just happened to be behind it the other day while it was backing out and noticed. We have been having some issues with the shop that did the work so them looking at it is not an option right now. Anyone have any idea the degree of difficulty in changing the switch? Thanks for the help.

Also, I know it needs to be in reverse to work :nod: