1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Reverse light brand help.

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by NY_plow_guy, Dec 4, 2011.

1. NY_plow_guy

NY_plow_guy Junior Member
    from CNY

Ok so I installed a utility body on my truck and I have had to change around the lighting that came on the body some.I had to add an extra tail light and in doing so I used my reverse light socket for the new tail light. I am going to cut a new hole for an oval light to replace the last reverse light. The tail lights/old reverse lights were 4 inch round regular trailer bulbs in the bumper. I have switched to LED tail lights and am looking for a brand or what kind of LED oval reverse light i should get to install. I tired what i thought would be a nice bright set of Maxxima 18 led reverse lights. They stunk almost no light what so ever. I'm not looking for crazy bright reverse lights just a set that will be similar to a regular back up light. Would any of the 10 LED lights on e-bay work? Like i said I'm not looking for crazy bright. I will take care of that with 2 sets of hi powered LED food/work lights. any help would be great.

2. EIB

EIB Senior Member

I have two oval backup lights on my truck. They have 20 leds each. nice light. I went to NAPA and got them. Almost 50.00 a piece.

3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I too have seen the napa lights, very nice. You can try ebay or northern tool to see what they have.