1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Reversable scraper

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by BTM Lawn, Dec 30, 2008.

1. BTM Lawn

BTM Lawn Junior Member

I am wondering if there is interest in Dual edged scraper for all plows. I just made a 52 inch scraper Blade for $30 it is adjustable and reversable.

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

not sure I follow what you mean- photo or clarification?

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

If you mean a reversible edge, they suck IMO. Why would you want the added maintenance of flipping an edge when you can just run one that isn't center punched until it is worn out.

Center punched edges just mean more work for you and give you no additional wear life IMO.

4. ERCKWD

ERCKWD Member

Do you have any pics of it? Curious to see what it looks like

5. BTM Lawn

BTM Lawn Junior Member

Doublesided edge

My original Idea of an adjustable edge strip was bad but a reversible one is working out great it is the piece is 4 inches wide and gives me quite a bit more usage. Also 1/8 thick very durable for very inexpensive. Blackline Plow was selling one for $70 mine was done for 35 and twice the scraper. I can fabricate one for possibly any size plow for half the price of new one.

BTM Lawn and snow

6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Do you mean a cutting edge?
    my cutting edge is 3/8 thick and I replace it with a 1/2

A 1/8" cutting edge:dizzy:

7. BTM Lawn

BTM Lawn Junior Member

Now that that you say something let measure it again and I will get back with you

8. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

:confused: yeah mine is 1/2 inch. 52 inches? thats alittle over 4 foot, is this for an ATV?

9. BTM Lawn

BTM Lawn Junior Member

Yes mine is for a four wheeler but Length is not an issue for me. I can fabricate any size.

10. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Pictures pleaseeee......

11. BTM Lawn

BTM Lawn Junior Member

ok will do I will post some later on today.

12. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

If you're talking for an ATV plow you probably should post in the ATV section- not the truck section. 1/8, even 1/4 scraper edges won't last a single storm on a truck plow.

13. BTM Lawn

BTM Lawn Junior Member

Sorry about that I agree and will go thier what is the cost of a scraper for larger plow and what are sizes? If you please

14. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

15. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Price depends on the current cost of steel too. I think my last 8 foot x 1/2 was $95 or so.