1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Return spring fix

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by WIPensFan, Nov 30, 2010.

1. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Last season I broke both original wing return springs, 13 years is pretty good. When they break they, they shoot the eye hook / bolt back into the bracket. My bracket did not break but my buddy said his cracked all the way. Still messes up the hole good, to where you must hammer it flat again. So I cut some foam pipe covering ( don't know what it's called officially ) and zip tied it to protect the bracket in case the springs snap again. The thought is the foam will absorb most of the energy when it breaks.I wonder why Boss doesn't make a rubber protective bumper to solve this?

Return spring left.jpg

return spring right.jpg

2. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

Great Idea, I have had that problem but never really put any thought into it. I will have to try that.

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Why not just put a nut and washer on each side?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Thanks for wrecking my moment of brilliance!:D Didn't see that thread before, sorry. Do the new plows have the nut and washer on each side? If not, they should.

Remember, zip ties are your friend.:drinkup: