1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Retrofitting a 12 pin connector onto a 11 pin set up

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jrlegacy23, Nov 3, 2015.

1. jrlegacy23

jrlegacy23 Junior Member

I have a plow setup that I put on 06 Ram 2500. On the truck side, there is an 11 pin connector. The plow side has a 7 pin connector. A friend gave me both sides of a 12 pin connector that he cut off from a rotted out system that he had.
    My question is what wires may go where? I have the wiring diagrams, but I was hoping some had by chance done this before and could shed some light. One difference is, there is high and low beam on the 12 pin, only low on the 7 pin.
    Is it easy as match the colors from the wiring diagram and cap off the extras? Or is it a bit more complicated than that?
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Match them up, and don't use the extras.
    I'd make sure everything works before you "finalise" the wiring.
  3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Is that ur final answer ?
  4. jrlegacy23

jrlegacy23 Junior Member

Sounds logical, I just don't think it is that simple and easy based off from the wiring diagrams.
  5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Why not?
    As long as the big pin is ground, and the other big pin is low beam.
    You might not be able to hook up to another plow tho.