1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Retro Fitting Straight blade for V

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by djljeep, Apr 14, 2013.

1. djljeep

djljeep Junior Member

So we have a line on a pretty cheap Fisher 9.5' V plow. You officially know as much about the plow as I do, more information should be coming tomorrow. ( don't know if it is EZ-V, Xtreme-V, ect. yet)

The truck it would go on (99' F-250) already has a straight blade on it with the 4 port-3 plug module.

What do I need to convert to the V plow? I imagine I don't need to replace the lighting harness, but I haven't traced out the part numbers for everything else yet. The plow would come with the Fish-Stick though.

The ability to run both plows would also be attractive to me as well.

(Yes, I know a 9.5 V on a F250 is ambitious, I was already told not to worry about from the boss man, plow is expected to outlive the truck anyway)

If this has already been covered, just point me in the right direction.

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

we have to know what the plow is first

3. djljeep

djljeep Junior Member

I'm being told it's an Extreme-V of ~2002 vintage. 3 plug unit.

4. unhcp

U sure? I thought they didn't come out till 2005 ish

I think it's a easy v

5. djljeep

djljeep Junior Member

I haven't a clue. I haven't seen it yet, waiting on pictures. The guy who dated it is not a Plow Guy so who knows. Should have pictures later. My dad went and looked at it though, and he is 90% sure it is Extreme-V

6. unhcp

ok post pictures

7. djljeep

djljeep Junior Member

So correction: Minute Mount 1 EZ-V 3 plug unit.

Our truck has a straight blade 4 port 3 plug module in it.

How much wiring do I have to replace?

I am trying to convince boss-man that 9.5 is far too much plow for a 3/4 ton, so I am also looking into the cost of the complete truck side package.

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Why do you think a 9'6" is to big?

9. unhcp

ok if you have a existing setup, then all you need to switch is the control harness and controller.

10. djljeep

djljeep Junior Member

I feel like for the amount of use this truck gets that 9'6" is aggressive for a late model F250. Right now it is using a 8' blade. Thoughts?

Is the Isolation Module the same?

Also where do I stand on the ability to pick up the straight blade for backup?

I'll post the pictures tonight and see if you guys think it is worth it. It is a ten year old plow that has seen alot of use, but the controls/hydraulics/lights/frame seems in decent enough shape. Being able to weld some of the cracked Sheet metal doesn't scare me a lot.

11. unhcp

Module is the same

If you get the ez v control harness then you just buy an adaptor for in the cab so you can switch to a straight blade controller

12. djljeep

djljeep Junior Member

Or splice the straight blade connector into the correct wires I assume?

So now: Thoughts on 9.5' V on a 99' F250? V10 if you care.

13. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I ran a 9'6" on my 99 V10 thing no problems, then again the truck was new. Is it a early or late build ?

14. djljeep

djljeep Junior Member

late enough that it is superduty (front leafs ect)

15. unhcp

ok so you need
    26346 harness
    9800 or 9700 controller
    21792k adaptor

16. djljeep

djljeep Junior Member

bump for the up-coming season.

Sooo I procrastinated and its that time of year again. Where do the cool kids buy these? The cheapest I am finding is ~$250

17. djljeep

djljeep Junior Member

Does the underdash connector for the EZ-VEE controller (56496) come with the 26346 harness?

Who sells all three pieces (harness, connector if needed, adapter). I noticed some of my usual go tos have the harness way more expensive than elsewhere.

18. Yes it does. I got my harnesses from plow site member LON when I made my conversion from straight blade to my EZV.

19. djljeep

djljeep Junior Member

For anybody looking for this answer in the future, the harness did not come with the connector.

Got it operating last night. Going to fiddle with it a little today and drop it back off the truck to weld a few things up before it actually gets used.