1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Retirement park

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Farmerjohn, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn Member

So I got a call last night, from a local retirement park 80 units, 1.2 miles one way, 16 foot wide, so 2.4 miles total, They want a price on the roads only no private drives, They have one bid for $85:confused: Told them go for it I couldnt touch that, They new this and said he wasnt gonna get it, plain and simple,

So im thinking 300 an event or 6000 for the season, never bid any roads so not sure if its fair thinking about 600-700 lbs of salt per app, I normally do single familys and small apartment buildings.

2. mikegooseman

mikegooseman Senior Member

How many events per year are you basing your numbers on ? 15....or 20. How long will it take you to complete this project ? Give some more detail. payup

3. rochestersnowma

rochestersnowma Junior Member

I would do that for $85, shouldn't take more the 10 minutes.
    No drives or side walks

4. Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn Member

We average 18-20 plowable events here and the last few years about 8-10 freezing rain events, Im thinking with the length of pushing to pile the snow that one truck this will take roughly 2 hours with one truck, little ove an hour for two trucks, and to the above poster I have numerous drives that I do in twenty minutes for 50, including walks so 85 for this is out of the question, for me anyway

5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

there is no pushing a pile
    it's all winrowing
    and roads are VERY FAST.
    I bet it doesn't take (4 passes) more than 30 minutes.

dunno about salt, but 85 isn't all that far out of line

6. dumbyankee

dumbyankee Member

I think the 300 per event is right on the mark. How ever if you dont do roads it will be an experience for you. From the onset it looks easy. But you might be a little light on the salt.

7. Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn Member

Well I bid it at 300 an event if I get it thats great if not its not a make or break, be a good oppurtunity to try out the new blizzard