1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Retainer for plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ocutter73, Oct 29, 2014.

1. ocutter73

ocutter73 Junior Member
    from jersey

I was asked to bid on a condo complex. We do a couple of commercial sites now that we invoice per storm. I was talking with a few friends that say they do a few billing/collecting methods. One gets a retainer to cover his ins costs and so on. Another breaks it into thirds (Dec, Jan, Feb) and gets paid whether it snows or not. The last does the same as me, bills per storm. My insurance isn't going down anytime soon so I was wondering if anyone has tried the retainer in case there is no snow or very little. Any other methods you prefer would be helpful.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That's called seasonal contracts

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

This.......

4. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

I just got some seasonal contracts and I broke it into thirds much like I would do for certain construction contracts. First at time of signing, next halfway through season and final payment at end of season. My clients seemed happy with that.