1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Restoring my Ultramount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Holland, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Holland

Holland Senior Member

I dont do many drives, so when it came to upgrading from my old 7.5 meyers, i looked for used. Found this 8 1/2ft Pro Ultramount that a friends brother had. Needs a little work but i've restored plenty in the past so its not a big deal!

I'll keep this thread updated as i go. I've got the truckside completed. The setup was off an 02 chevy, which i thought would be the same. The harness was brand new with a new controller, but i had to switch the wiring around a bit to make it work. (02 switches the headlights on the neg side, 03 on the pos.) Mounts are all cleaned up and mounted as well.

The day i picked up the western...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Holland

Holland Senior Member

And as of today, this is as far as i have gotten. Dont have alot of time to throw at it, but its coming along! Thumbs Up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Getting closer to paint! More pics to come! Also got a full set of new decals for it!

4. nickhanso

nickhanso Junior Member

What is the best way to refurbish my MVP V-Plow. There isn't too much rust on my plow as of today but it seems to be a season away from rusting. What should I do to get it looking good? Also my plow doesn't hold the scoop position, and wont stay in the v position when I back drag. Any suggestions?

5. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Nice restore. Post more pics as you get to paint. Also post some pics of your Dmax, it looks clean.

6. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Well i'd get you some updated pics of the truck with my new tires on, but my camera got stolen friday so you'll have to deal with some older pictures! haha Hopefully have it replaced in the next couple days!

I dont have the sticker in my rear window anymore, and the new tires look way better.. otherwise its pretty much set up the same.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Holland

Holland Senior Member

well pretty much done with it. New cutting edge will be here this weekend and it'll be ready for snow!

Not in these pics but its got all new decals too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]