1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Restored a few plows

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by x.system, Nov 20, 2010.

1. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I've been busy restoring a few plows over the last few weeks for customers. I didn't get before pics of the western but you know how they normally look after 10 years of use.
    This one got 100% all new hardware and the owner had a new cutting edge waiting when he got it home. Also did a fluid change and had to do alot of welding to repair broken welds and the a frame was split and very loose.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks awesome! Great work

3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice! That's a fun thing to do if you have time!

4. snowman6

snowman6 Senior Member

Great job.

5. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Boss 8.2 was in decent shape overall, just needed a face lift. This one went quick and painless, just a couple welds needed after blasting. This one got a fluid change as well due to the kid pulling the wrong bolt when the motor was taken out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. x.system

x.system Senior Member

This was another easy back blade for the same customer with the 8 2 boss. Welded up a new handle to lock the foot in place.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Here's a 9 2 that got the works. All new hardware, New foil, new lower rubber piece between the new cutting edges.This one belongs to a new plowsite member. This one was by far the cleanest and straigest plows I've done so far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Looks like your staying busy! Cheaper to repair them than to buy a new one!

9. exmark

exmark Senior Member

They all look good. Is that your dirt bike track in the background?

10. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Exactly, alot cheaper than new and if they wanted they could sell them for a better profit now and buy newer. My last one isn't done yet but it is by far the worst I have ever seen. 8" hole in the front skin, countless repairs before I got ahold of it. HOMEMADE center pin that took me 3 hours to get out (never do this people, buy oem). This is an older rt2 that should have been put down a few seasons ago. Customer wanted to get a couple more seasons out of it so its getting the bare minimum.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Yea but it hasn't been used in years.

12. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

Nice Job on the plows, They look great!

13. Brucester1

Brucester1 Senior Member

they all look brand new .keep up the good work Jim .you can do mine when the time comes

14. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

to bad you are not closer mine needs it bad. they all look great

15. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lookin awesome!!!! I've been slackin this year on rehabs :(

16. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Assuming you are using an air paint gun? what brand/make? are you using the plow manufactor's paint?

17. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

You do good work. keep em working and making some money.

18. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Looks like new. I would love to do that. In the spring, we're looking for a couple acres to buy and put up a pole building with extra room for maybe starting to rehab plows and salt spreaders. Nice job!

19. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

they all look great, too bad you are not closer, I would bring my plow to you and maybe get a couple laps on that track

20. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I use a binks pressure pot with a devilbiss gun. For what I'm charging I can't do them with the manufactor's paint unless I charge another $100 and nobody wants to spend the extra amount.I use an industrial acrylic waterborne enamel for most equipment application. I paint alot of road commision v and cleanup plows with the same paint and some are still holding strong after 4 years of use. The front skin will wear off like any other paint or powder but thats easy enuff to touch up in the spring before you put them away.

I also do a little custom paint work on vehicles, did this one 2 winters ago. 150 hours, nights and weekends, over a 6 week period.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]