1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Restored 1980 F-250 4x4 w/Western 7.5 Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by NJ Plowman, Oct 2, 2008.

1. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

1980 Ford F250 4x4 with Westerm 7.5 Power Angle Snow Plow - QQ Plates & Antique Insurance - $4500

Up for sale is my “Like New” 1980 Ford F250 ¾-Ton Pick Up Truck with Western 7.5 Power Angle Snow Plow. This truck was just restored and is ready to go out and win some trophies and make some money! It runs great and looks absolutely fantastic.

The exterior of this truck is in excellent condition with brand new dark metallic ”Harley Davidson Luxury Blue” paint, accented by a Harley Davidson metallic silver “Bar and Shield” pinstripe. It also features diamond plate running boards, diamond plate bed rails and diamond plate rear bed panel. It is equipped with a rear step bumper with hitch and wiring and a tailgate net.

The drive train is in excellent condition. It has brand new Goodyear 10ply off road tires mounted and balanced on new stock wheels with stainless trim rings. The drive train features an excellent running 351 V8 engine, 4spd with “creeper low” 1st gear, new locking “Superwinch” front hubs, and heavy duty front and rear suspension. It also has power steering and power brakes, dual gas tanks, and a Sony AM/FM/CD radio. It runs fantastic, the entire drive train was just gone over and the carbureator, distributor, ignition module, coil, plugs, and brake booster were replaced. The air, oil, and fuel filters were just changed, the engine, transmission, transfer case, and front and rear differential fluids were just changed. This truck is ready to work.

The Western Power Angle Snow Plow works flawlessly and the entire plow setup was just serviced. The fluid and filter in the pump was just changed and a new factory Western selenoid was just installed. The system was adjusted to factory specs and works like new.

This truck currently has Antique QQ License Plates and Antique Collector Insurance. The benefit of having the Antique QQ Plates is that you pay a one time fee of $44 for registration for the life of the vehicle with no renewal fee and you no longer have to bring the vehicle to State Inspection (although it passed 100% and has a good inspection sticker valid until the end of 2008). The antique insurance is only $93 per year with an agreed upon value of the truck of $15,000. THAT MAKE'S THE ENTIRE COST OF OWNING THIS TRUCK LESS THAN $100 PER YEAR...INCLUDING INSURANCE!!!

I have also installed a $1250.00 fiberglass "High Rise" Truck Cap that I will include the purchase. It has a high roof a sliding front and sliding tinted side windows complete with screens.
    I am letting the truck go for only $4500, complete with the plow setup. The truck can be viewed in North Bergen, New Jersey 07047. Come down and take a look, you won’t be disappointed!!!

If you are interested, either send me an email me or give me a call at 201-336-6860. I will be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have and we can set up an appointment for you to come down and look this beautiful truck over.

2. plowdriver900

plowdriver900 Junior Member

nice truck!!!!!!!!!!!!. love the old ones
  3. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

WOW very nice truck. It look exact to my Uncle's 84 F250 but it rusty so bad now it still sit at neighbor.

What that rear axle? It look different from my Uncle's F250.
  4. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

She runs just as good as she looks!

I am in a kinda sad situation here, I have to invest in some new equipment and I need the capital so I have to let her go, I figured I would see if anybody here wanted her before I put her up on Craigslist.

At least if somebody here took her I might still see a pic of her posted every now and then!
  5. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Hey Milwaukie,

I am not sure what the axle is, I am basically a Chevy man myself. It's extremely heavy duty, but I am not sure of the model of the axle. It is stock though, came with that axle from the factory. If you know anybody that is interested, please tell them to MAKE ME AN OFFER...I want to move this truck quickly because my new stuff is almost here.

6. Milwaukee

Well i know my uncle want F250 with strong motor to pull trailer.

But one problem he want new truck not old because he is tired of old trucks. He have one like that but he like new truck every 5 or 10 year or it get worst rust then he would sell. He sold his 2001 F250 for $15,000 miles it have 50,000 miles but very bad rust on frame.

Economy here is worst. No one want truck they want geo or small one that get 25 or high mpg.

I don't know but i am think you should keep that until Dec where people start buy plow truck.
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Should be a Dana 60 semi floater rear.
  8. Milwaukee

But first I thought it should be dana 60 but I look at hub. It don't have hub you know hub that you could remove 6 bolt on hub to remove axle shaft but this one could be from Ford E250 or E350.

I am try remember name it no float axle?
  9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's a semi floater Mill..thats why it doesn't have the protruding hub with the bolt on axle flange. Plenty of older Fords out there with semi float 60's.
  10. Milwaukee

Thank for tell me that help me. So my 93 F350 XL have full float because it have hub on it? It is 10.25 stergling

Have you try craiglist today? I think it better put keyword bottom of post you put on craiglist it will help more people look for it.

here example

Ford Chevy F150 F250 F350 F450 F550 1500 2500 3500 Dodge D10 D30 Geo Truck Snow plow snowplow western meyer boss Hinker Fisher heavy duty diesel 351w 302 300 350 360

More keyword and more people find this. Do you know what I mean? DO you see some craiglist who people post bottom say keyword=
  11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Protruding hub = full floater.
  12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Mill with all the trucks your "uncle" gives away how come he never gives you one?
  13. Milwaukee

That time I was 10 years plus truck I see now is worst. it seem he drove salt road and didn't wash it. Cab is rot no floor plus it look junk due rust on body. It was used for his 2 business which is big but he refused hired plower because he alway follow his profit and cost to do.

He give 1 truck free but another trucks he sell it.

If it was me I would scrap it but part out.
  14. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Mill there is a dozen or more posts where you say, uncle give truck......

In your posts it sounds like your uncle is giving away good trucks all the time?
    oil changed every 5k etc etc it work good he just not want.

Just trying to understand.....???
  15. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have seen that too...
  16. Milwaukee

That truck you talk is 2001 F250 He sold to his son's friend. Not give free. Why he didn't want it because he didn't want stuck with that 2001 F250 when rust on frame get worsen so he hurry sold it.

Maybe next time when I post I would put name and year so you know.
  17. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Hey guys, no offense but is anybody replying to my thread here actually interested in buying my truck?
  18. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

If I was closer to ya, maybe.
  19. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

nope! but at least it's stayin on top lmao.

what do ya want for the ol' girl?.......i liked the 79down's a little better. but thier's nothin wrong with the 80's

does it have the twin I-beam front end?

20. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

That is a nice truck- can't do $4500 though