1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Restore PCM to original parameters: HOW?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by thelawnguy, Dec 15, 2000.

1. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

The !@#$% dealer inadvertently updated the pcm in my 95 while resetting a fault code, now the torque converter wont lock up til ~60mph. Service manager says nothing he can do, older version software is not available, and a new pcm will have the updated software. Any ideas? The TC used to lock up at ~42mph which was ideal given my around town driving and 4.10 axle.

Suggestions and/or ideas are welcome.

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

3. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Bill,never,ever let a dealer hook their monitor to your truck unless you want it done.They do this all the time,and they did it to you too,that wasnt a mistake,they put the latest program in it,which usually is more emmision freindly at the expense of power and drivabilty.They do not store the old programs-so your out of luck.All you had to do to reset the computer is take battery off for 5 minutes,and 40 starts later its gone.

5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Update-I spoke with the service manager again Friday afternoon, and he again said theres nothing he can do. I mentioned that I would probably see xx xxxx (the dealership owner) at a christmas party Sunday evening and it would be unfortunate if this happened to come up in conversation. Lo and behold, last night on my answering machine there is a message that he has found an original part # pcm at a west coast dealer and is having it shipped untouched to him and he will swap pcms when this one arrives.

Let see how this pans out. My fingers are crossed as this appears to be my only (and cheapest (!)) remedy.