1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Restore faded plow markers

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BC Handyman, Dec 26, 2010.

1. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Hello,I have snowbear plow markers that are sunfaded,so I got them looking bright again. I thought I'd post a before & after of my plow marker I restored to better then new looking. I think it's better then before anyway(alot more visable) I only got 1 done so far.
    Heres what I did if any1 wants to know.

lightly sanded (120grit),cleaned with iso., painted with florescent marker paint, painted with reflective clear coat, added a piece of white dot reflective tape.

no one should have dull markers :nono:

Have a happy holidays everyone

2. BC Handyman

Heres the picture

plow marker.JPG

3. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Looks great. Good job

4. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

Looks good. I thought about the DOT tape. I was concerned that it would reflect too bright from the headlights. If it does, use red tape.

5. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Not a bad idea, looks great!

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

good idea. looks a lot brighter

7. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice job, think i'll give it a try

8. BC Handyman

Thanks everyone! FYI it was 180grit i used not 120. I found 220 to be to fine 180 was just right. I will see if there is too much reflection from the white tape & let everyone know. I just painted the 2nd marker tonight, so i'll have to wait till morning till I put it on.