1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Restaurant Commercial Lot Help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by lauferj, Dec 26, 2013.

1. lauferj

lauferj Junior Member
    from 52405

Hi All. I'm in Iowa and had a customer want a single contract pricing for the whole season which EXCLUDES salting. They want to pay $1125 with unlimited pushs' for the season. They will pay $90 for salt when applied as requested.

I went to findlotsize.com and found the lot is:
    5911 meters²
    0.006 km²
    63626 feet²
    7070 yards²
    1.461 acres

They have a sidewalk as well and in total the whole lot takes about 2 with 3 inches but more for higher snow totals. I actually signed a contract but the contract is extremely messed up. I thought it was $1125 plus an additional cost per push but actually the $1125 is suppose to be all inclusive. Let me know your thoughts. The blue indicates where snow can be push.

2. cheelob

cheelob Junior Member
    from MN

Whats your trigger? For me up in Minnesota I have a few places that size. I charge $200 per push including the small sidewalks. Salting is always extra for me. I would never do an all inclusive contract and definitely not for that amount. Too hard to make a profit at that.
  3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That is great for them and horrible for you. I would tell them no thanks. I can't tell you pricing for your area but here that size lot would catch 7500 a season just for plowing.
  4. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

5. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Dude. Run.
  6. GreenAcresMike

GreenAcresMike Junior Member

Lets say you price this lot at $225/push if it were a per push contract. Then lets say you signed this lot at $1125/season, so if you push the lot @ every 2" everything after 5 pushes or a 10'' you are loosing your ass big time!
  7. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

$1100? Do you only get 6 inches per year?
  8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Way too low!
  9. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Tell them thanks

Tell them thanks and goodbye. There is nothing in that contract for you. Nice to know they are pricing your job for you. Walk in and tell them what you want to pay for their menu items and see what they say.

Pass it along to someone who doesn't know any better. When your client prices the job, you generally lose!
  10. lauferj

lauferj Junior Member
    from 52405

Thanks everyone. I'm giving them the notice this weekend. I'm still unsure if they will pay the original amount I billed them or not. The contract they used was from the internet and they altered a few things but it was poorly put together to say the least!

I pretty much knew this was a give away just wanted your opinions to help make my mind up. It sounds like I will have lose the account but at this price I don't care.