1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rest in Peace GMC

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SnowPro93, Jul 6, 2011.

1. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Well I made it about 500' from my house reached over to grab a bottle of water off the floor and bang. Hit the tree going about 30-35mph. The sad part is I don't think I could have centered the tree up any better if I were aiming for it. Truck did everything I ever asked of it and probably saved me from any real serious injuries. I should be able to salvage my plow mounts, battery's, etc. Just tough to see what I did to a hell of a good truck.

plow.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

2. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

your right, that is dead center. you could probily save the G and C from GMC. just glad your alright

3. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Awww thats a shame it was such a nice truck and money maker. Well glad to see your alright though. Thats the most import thing.

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That sucks, glad you are ok though.

5. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Glad to hear your ok. Now buy it back from the ins company and put it back together!

6. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

Glad to hear you are alright.

Buy a parts truck and build it back up. Still is a solid truck...

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Airbag go off?

8. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Work truck model no airbags. Which is actually a good thing in this case that would have probably messed me up more.

9. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

She's pretty bent in the front. Not really worth the hassle. I'm going to break her down and keep everything I can because I'm going to buy the same gen GM. It was a damn good truck. Thanks for the well wishes guys.

10. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

glad your ok!

11. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Come on was it water or a can of Bud?

Sorry about your loss

12. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Did you crap your pants?

13. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

That's crazy - I agree with everyone else, glad you are OK. At least you still have the plow... :)

14. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

hey man sorry to hear about the truck, she was clean.

15. DuramaxLML-42

DuramaxLML-42 Senior Member

Ive lost a truck too man and its sucks ass... She did everything i asked her to aswell, brought tears to my eyes seeing mine in the ditch

16. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Yup I went out an sat in the seat one last time and thanked her, Its a strange bond between a man and his truck especially guys like us that work with them.

Goldpro no I didn't crap my pants hahaha. I was trying to catch my breath. I was out of the truck about 30 seconds after I crashed it.

nj snowremoval thats the thing that kills me I had the cleanest obs gm around easily. no rust on the body or underneath. Loved working on my truck it was like working on a brand new vehicle.

17. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Glad your all right

18. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

just thank God it was a tree and not a pedistrian or another car. sorry about the truck - count your blessings and stay safe.