1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Responder or mini century?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by fullahead, Oct 10, 2012.

1. fullahead

fullahead Member
    from Maine

Small time guy here, just an enthusiast of badass lights. I've seen the responder in person on a town truck and its crazy bright, but I think that it might look small on the top of my truck. Is the larger mini century worth the $50?

$350 is really pushing it for me when all I really "need" is a $50 strobe, but what fun is that? ...staying under $300 (even if its only by $1 -before tax) for the responder is an easier pill to swallow.

Thoughts?

2. The century is 223.95 on strobesnmore.com for the 16 inch. If you have not seen this bar it is bright even during the day.

3. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

check into soundoff mini lightbars ... there around 300 made here in my state of michigan ... and there a dam good light for 300 bones ... saw one in person .... love the design great 360 output different patterns ... good price

4. KTLawnCo

KTLawnCo Member
    from VA

I am debating between these two also...I think a responder is going to be in the near future though.

5. fullahead

fullahead Member
    from Maine

For some reason, I didn't even consider the similar sized century. I never realized its only 1" shorter than the responder. That's a pretty good deal...

...is it weird that it makes me want the responder more now? From what videos I can find, the all around LIN6 modules look like they give a much better spread.

6. fullahead

fullahead Member
    from Maine

Just ordered a Responder! Can't wait to get home and rig it up...

7. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

I wish someone could give a good honest in person comparison of the responder vs the mini century. I have the responder and it is blinding bright, but I would like the mini century for my ford if it is as bright as the responder

8. For me the selling point for the century is the 45* lights on the corners. The responder is bight as hell but at a 45 it lost its punch. The 16 inch century has great front rear and side light and also off angle light.

9. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

How is your responder during the day? Bright? Also, it says it has 46 patterns? Can you select one and leave it?

10. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

didnt you buy the mini justice?