1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Reskinning a plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by gman2310, Nov 24, 2010.

1. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

Does anyone know where i can get a skin to reskin a plow. I have a 8ft and 8'6" meyer i want to reskin. I called a fabricator and he said he could roll it but needs the specs for it. I emailed meyer and they could not provide me with a drawing or specs.
  2. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Start measuring. I did some looking earlier this year and couldnt find premade skins. I chose to just replace the bottom 6 in that was rusted. Good news is you already know one of your measurements!
  3. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

When I reskined mine I gave them length and height (best I could) and with a straight edge from top to bottom ,bridged on plow, gave them the dept of the blade . The shops computer did the rest. Told them allso to put a little more so welding from center out was easier with clamps. Hope this helps.

FEZHUNT Junior Member
    from IOWA

I'd just take the blade to the fabricator and have them made, that way they'll match right up.
  5. gthrush

gthrush Junior Member

re-skin plow

don't someone make a poly skin that glues or bolts on, I've been thinking of doing that. Makes it lighter as well, and I need lighter, I've a C-9, and it's a whopping 800 lbs.
  6. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

I just redid 2 of my 7'6" plows and we bought a 4x8 sheet and they cut it in half and it was only about a 1/4" smaller than the old one then we just trimmed the end off when it was welded on.