1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Reskin meyers blade

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by streetscrapin16, May 29, 2010.

1. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

How do you reskin your plows. Some of our blades are getting pretty bad. I was thinking of just putting a sheet across the whole blade and just getting it rolled. I was just checking how everyone else does it. Thanks

2. streetscrapin16

can anyone help

3. SServices

SServices Senior Member

Diy

If you have a plasma cutter, you can do it pretty quick. I've done it with 41/2 grinder with cutting wheels before. Does take some work but can be done, If you have somewhere you can take the sheet metal to get it rolled it would save you alot of work. You can contour it yourself depending on how thick the sheet is. Again does take a good amount of work.

4. streetscrapin16

Do you remove the steel thats on it already or do you put yours on overtop of the old piece?

5. SServices

SServices Senior Member

I remove it, if you don't rust will build up in between the two sheets and rust them both out even faster than the first. Plus it looks like crap with two sheets.

6. streetscrapin16

Alright. Thanks alot. I am going to start them on Monday. I have 6 of them to do!

7. SServices

SServices Senior Member

Looks like you won't be bored then!