1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Resizing Pictures...

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Kevin Kendrick, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Ok, I have some pictures that are too big to post. I do not believe that I have the software to resize the pictures. I typically send them off to a friend to resize and then he sends them back to me sized accordingly to post. I have Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album 5 but it will not allow me to resize my photos. I have also tried in Paint but that program wont allow me either. Anyone know how to resize photos without buying new software?
  2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I just upload them on photobucket....and copy/paste the html code here on plowsite! Sign up for photobucket and upload them there from your comp....then copy/paste the html code here!:waving:
  3. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Paint does work, but its a little confusing sometimes to do. I downloaded adobe photoshop and use it to do all my stuff in. You can also use photobucket.com like tls said to do or another site called imageshack.us they both have options where it can resize pictures for you.
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

or download irfanview.... www.irfanview.com when your pic is open in there press ctrl+r then change the "set new size" to around 700 for the first # (the second will change proportionally with the first). Then when you go to save the file, save it as a JPEG file.
  5. festerw

festerw Senior Member

If you have Windows XP download Microsoft's Image Resizer Powertoy to resize all you need to do is right click the picture and select a size the 640x480 works well for forums.
  6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

thats a good plan!
  7. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Thanks for the help guys. Check out the new calendar girl in the "Calendar Girls" thread. WHOA!!!!
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2008