1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Resizing pictures

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by farmerkev, Jan 14, 2008.

1. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I hope this is the right area to post this, but when I try posting pics it says they exceed the 100KB limit and that they are 113KB, what can I do?

2. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

are you running windows xp?

3. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Yes, the wierd thing is, Ive posted hundreds of pics on other threads, but I always get the same problem here, I even have an awesome pic for my signature that I cant use:cry:.

4. tom_mccauley

do a google search for the "windows xp power toys picture resizer" really easy to use works great.

5. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I downloaded it, but when I find it on my desktop it only allows me to view the readme, which is the exact same thing the website has, no info what so ever, is there a different way to use the program? I thought you said it was easy?:dizzy::D

6. tom_mccauley

did you install power toys from microscum website?

7. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I got them from microsoft?

8. tom_mccauley

If it is already installed, just right click on picture you want resized and go to re-size picture.

9. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Ok, I figured out how to do it, but the pics are already the smallest they can go and plowsite still says they are 113KB and they need to be smaller than 100?

Thanks for the help, maybe yu can figure this out also.

10. tom_mccauley

do you have photoshop?

11. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

No, I have picture project, came with the camera, last time this happened I tried to crop the pictures (not sure if that is what I should do) but it never worked, I might try again tommorow, please ponder over this for me, but Im going to bed ( need to get up for school in the morning) but I can check back in when school becomes boring:sleeping:, so anytime after my 2nd hour drafting class.;)

12. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 Senior Member

I just use paint
    Open Paint, click on file then open and grab the pic from your files.
    Then from the image pull down, open the sketch / Skew
    You can keep reducing the vertical and hortizontal to less percentages to get the size you need.
    I usually start at about 40% on both, most the time this is enough.

13. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Here is a test, only had to go down to 90%. I will post more of my "fleet" in the scale vehicle thread.:D

DSCN1169 (Small).JPG

14. Fordtruckman88

Fordtruckman88 Member

yeah my camera must be to damn good because all my files are 900kb

15. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

nice diorama,,

get a girlfriend....:D
    You need to get out a little more offten..:waving:

you can open your pic in "paint" and resize it there also..