1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residents: Pay for each push? OR Pay for whole season

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by ibuildmee, May 11, 2011.

1. ibuildmee

ibuildmee Junior Member

which is more convenient? Which is more profitable?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Here we go. All seasonal for me.
  3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Around hear most people charge per storm and some charge per push.
  4. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

a mix of both.
  5. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Locally I have enver heard of redidential seasonal or storm rates. Strictly per push, sanding exrta...this is why I bought my own truck and plow...one week we had multiple 10"+ storms, that one week cost me about $300 and thats a $25/push.
  6. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

I am slowly working toward all seasonal accounts-right now its a 50/50 split of seasonal and per storm.
  7. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

A good mix of both, all our residential are seasonal contracts, where as all my commercial is either hourly or per push. That way it protects us both ways
  8. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I have 80% PER STORM AND 20% SEASONAL.
  9. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

seasonal and price them right
  10. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

Of course whether it was priced right can only be known after the winter is over. We have family who live near Rochester, NY who paid $240 for the season to plow their driveway that will hold six mid sized cars.

That guy was plowing for nothing before winter was half over.

All my customers are per push.
  11. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

The key is to price them right. 240 for the season isn't priced correctly especially if it fits 6 cars
  12. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Residentials for me are seasonal, 50% of the money up front and the rest by the first week of January. I stopped offering per push because I was tired of chasing money or having a customer tell me that they do not recall me coming on a certain day and don't feel they should be charged for it as well as other things.
  13. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

For that area it's about right,even a little high.
  14. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

I've always offered seasonal rates for residentials but never had one bite, I consider them my bonus money these days, I plow them per push and have dropped half of them over the years to make room for larger jobs that pay the bills.
  15. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Really? That seems crazy low to me. Doesn't Rochester get pelted with alot of lake effect snow? I live in western MA up in the hills, we get about 120" on average every season and I was very close to $1000/season to my plow guy at $25 per push...and I was complaining that my driveway wasn't getting cleared enough.