1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residential TLB or Skidloader???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by wkasak, Apr 5, 2003.

1. wkasak

wkasak Junior Member

Hello All,

I have a question for you guys...I do not own a company, however, I am in search of a nice piece of equipment to use for private use. I have 15 acres that has a pond, and several jobs that loader/backhoe/skidsteer would make alot easier to keep maintained. What are your recommendations? I don't want to spend more than $15,000, and buying used does not bother me. I have resently been looking at used Kubota B21's, as well as, used skidsteers. I kind of think the backhoe option will be more useful. Not sure a skidsteer will do everything I need. Please provide opinions on brands and models.

Thanks in advance.:drinkup:

2. ToyotaPower

ToyotaPower Senior Member

You could buy a used model 873 bobcat with maybe 1000 hrs on it for the price range your'e at. Then rent any attachment from the dealer you would need. Stick with a brand name when buying equipment would be my advice.:waving:

3. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

I would pursue the B-21 if it was my land. A TLB is going to roll across finished areas and do alot less damage to them than a skid steer.

4. nben

nben Senior Member

The B-21 is a solid machine. An employee of ours had a B-20 (B-21's predecessor) that we leased from him for about a year before we bought our L-35. We beat the snot out of it (it was too small for our needs) and it never complained once and held up well. We currently have a skidsteer and the Kubota and wouldn't want to be without either one, but from the sounds of your needs, the Kubota looks to be the better choice. :D