1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residential snowblowing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Boomstrike, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Boomstrike

Boomstrike Junior Member
    from Canada

Hi All,

I am starting up a small one man operation this season. I am trying to corner the residential driveways and sidewalks that skid steers and pickup plows can't access .

My services are a "call when needed" basis.

Currently I have a toro 721 single stage for the light quick stuff and am picking up a 2 stage for the harder work.

Does a guy need a contract to handout to customers laying out liabilities that I am not accountable ie.slip and fall, for when the said customer flags/calls me over to clear his walkway or driveway before I start a job.

Insurance has been obtained for liabilities. Just curious for no contractual jobs.

Thanks

2. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

A lawyer once told me, "If someone is at fault, a piece of paper doesn't mean anything." With that said, I would always have clients sign a contract. For flag downs make it simple and to the point.

I would also get out of the "on call" thing you have going. Have them at the beginning sign a contract, make it either seasonal or per push. Have something that states your trigger, and get out and make money. How can you set up a route if you're always waiting for someone to call you? I also wouldn't want to keep track of who has/hasn't called. Just make sure everyone knows they can count on you to just show up, and they can pretend the storm just missed their driveway.