1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residential snow pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Dave does lawns, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Dave does lawns

Dave does lawns Junior Member
    from canada

In my second year of offering snow removal.

I was thinking of starting my price on a square foot formula and then adding in difficulty and such.

I use only blowers and/or sweepers, no plows. Average snow events are 55/year.

600sqft driveway @ 0.06/sqft = 36/per visit. * 55 snows = 1980/season / 6months = $330/month

Last year this customer paid me $200/month and I know that I was lucky we hardly got any snow.

Any input for this new guy?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Kind of took the long way to come up with that price.Just have a minimum for your service.Bigger drives more cash.

3. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

You really get 55 events? That is like 3 every week.

4. Dave does lawns

Dave does lawns Junior Member
    from canada

Yupp about 10 times a month, and our winter is longer then our summer.

Am I on the right track to charge using the example above? It would appear to work really well on smaller properties, but the price is high on the larger ones.

5. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I would just come up with an hourly rate and figure out how long it will take to do each drive. I think it will be much easier. Or say a 20' single car wide is $x.xx. Double wide drive less than 30' long is $x.xx. Don't over think it.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I can't see charging someone more because their driveway is 2' wider plus it would be a pricing nightmare. Most of the driveways here are 20X50 so if it's 20x55 you would charge 10% more.

How long does 600 sq' take to do? Here that price would be extremely high.