1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residential Snow Plow business case - Vancouver, BC

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by astrejim, Dec 29, 2012.

1. astrejim

astrejim Junior Member

Hi. I am hoping to get some insight from seasoned professional residential (drive way ) plowers. I have a 2006 Rubicon unlimited. I want to make some extra cash and was wondering advice on which plow to get for my Jeep. How is the Snowaway and is the extra down pressure worth it? If you have a 2001 - 2006 Rubicon unlimited and currently plow, what advice do you have for me? Is there a subframe bolt on option? What light assembly would you recommend? I have read about getting insurance? Which insurance company underwrites private plow companies? Now, where the rubber meets the road. What do plowers get for residential. Say a drive way that is 40 feet long to the curb? I read about airbag mods for the front end of the Jeep. What about air shocks and which brand?

I live in one of the warmest cities in Canada so I figure it would take many years to recoup my investment.

Okay, enough questions. I truly value the members of this forum for your advice.

Regards,

Jim

2. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Does it really snow there if so what maybe twice in the whole season wish you best of luck.