1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residential snow packages

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by anolog139, Oct 12, 2014.

1. anolog139

anolog139 Junior Member

My names Matt. I own a window cleaning business. Here in Michigan we are closed in the winter for obvious reasons. This year we are going to offer residential snow removal. Last year we did sidewalk snow removal for commercial. My question to you guys out there is this. What are your thoughts about charging a one time price for customers. For example, a customer pays lets say $400 at the beginning of the season. That covers them for snow removal of 2 inches and more for the entire season no matter if it snows once or 40 times. Does anyone do that on here? If so how do you do it? What do you charge per season for a average residential driveway? What does that package include? Salt? Sidewalks? Etc.. I appreciate your input. Thanks!

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Never heard of something like that,think it would work?

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I'm thinking you would loose in the end.

4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

not nice ...done all the time

5. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

I thought about doing that for this year. After looking at what would be made doing it like that vs. per push it turned out I would be basically braking even on an average winter. I also asked a couple of my customers if they would be interested and they seemed to want nothing to do with it

6. TheYardBarber

TheYardBarber Member

I'm in the same boat. What I did is look at the average snowfall for your area.. Make sure it's reliable and accurate. Then figure how many times you'll plow that amount. It's hard, especially where I live. Here it might snow a lot like last year or no snow at all like the previous two years. People don't want to pay more if you under bid so I would try to find a safe number.

The good thing about residential is that they are small and don't take a lot of time. So if your off a little it won't kill you.

Good luck

7. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Matt, call me 810-577-2621.
    Brian from Picasso, the green and yellow trucks.

8. andersman02

andersman02 Senior Member

Yes there called seasonal. We do not offer salt for resi, not sure of any that do around here

9. grandview

How do you figure this price out for seasonal snow plowing?

10. madskier1986

madskier1986 Senior Member

for residential accounts I offer a season package that cover services if it snows once or like u say 40 times for one flat fee. To calculate that cost you times your per push rate by the season average. Some years you win and some years you will lose, but in a three year period it all averages out.

It's a big game but you should also have a diverse portfolio between seasonal and per push.

11. grandview

What happens if it snow after your contract is up?

12. TheBlowerGuy

TheBlowerGuy Junior Member

That's how we price, north of you in Ontario. We average about 300$ per driveway for the year. No salting, we offer shovelling of sidewalks for an extra 150$ for the year, quite a few seniors and landlords go for that option.

13. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I'm thinking we need to find you a hobby, maybe you just need a mars bar.:D

14. grandview

Aero bartymusic

15. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Ah come on BC, Mr. Seasonal was just getting on a roll.............:laughing:

16. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Looking forward to GV posts when on pain meds in another month . Thumbs Up:dizzy:

17. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing::laughing: