1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residential Sidewalks minimum's?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by UnitedInc, Sep 19, 2014.

1. UnitedInc

UnitedInc Member

So I bid most of my sidewalks by sqft. but Iv'e been thinking of adding a minimum price say 10.00 for 1-500 sqft and 15.00 for 501 to 1000 then going back to my price per sqft after 1001.

This is for Residential any thoughts on this from you guy's?

Im trying to get rid of the "cant you just door and few steps for 4 bucks" type thing I guess. Its just not worth it for me to get out and do and Im not sending sidewalk guys there for this.
  2. wenzelosllc

wenzelosllc Senior Member

I typically just roll the price of sidewalks into the price of the plow since most people want me to do the walks anyways. If the customer says they'll do the walks themselves I still give them that price though for when they decide that it's not worth their time. I make a little extra if I'm not doing the walk and not losing money when I have to.

Not sure about where you need to be as far as price but it looks alright to me.
  3. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

$200 for front steps $250 city sidewalk. Usually they say ok ill call you back. Its ok because the time you spend shoveling the walk you could have done another drive at $550 or whatever you charge.