1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

residential service agreement

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by elegantlawns, Dec 20, 2012.

1. elegantlawns

elegantlawns Junior Member
    from Mi

would anyone be so kind as to share their residential snow agreement?

2. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Buy a self help kit and fill in the details(2" trigger how much, how often) works for me.

3. elegantlawns

from Mi

thanks for the reply ill look into it.

4. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

use the search function in the forum & you'll find what you are looking for.

5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

The plow contract is simple

1. One payment of $0000.00 covers you for the entire season, Thanksgiving to April 15th.
    2. If there is enough snow to move with the plow I will move it (Usually 1” or more).
    3 There is no surcharge for larger storms.
    4 7 AM path to the street, I try for 5 PM path to garage.
    5 Cleanup to be after storm is over
    6 I will clear what the town plows into your drive.

6. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Give me your email address. I'll share.

7. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Plowmeister good point get the cash, had coffee with fellow who does lawn yesterday he told me about a doctor's house he took care of last summer that I now have as a snow customer he had just got paid for work from last summer. He had to have his lawyer send a letter before he got paid, when they called me in the fall I did up contract with them two inch trigger cash in advance they were reluctant but I pointed out you can call around but if you want me it is this way, glad I did.

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

That's 3 times you're at each stop. How does that work out in terms of added expense is concerned? Wouldn't there be a way to making 3 trips per event? It sounds like you go to each stop an do a little work and come back after you hit all the stops and do a little more, then come again and finish.

9. elegantlawns

from Mi

elegantlawn@Hotmail.com

10. elegantlawns

from Mi

thanks for the response. I will be using only snowblowers on residentials, I feel they get the surface a little cleaner

11. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

This works for me

Depends on the timing of the storm. Sometimes 1 trip sometimes 6 trips depends on the storm.

In the winter I plow That is all I do, so what if I go around 3 times, I should watch TV insted of making my customers happy?

It works for me and my customers. If it dont work for you ,do it your way.

My customers HAVE to go to work. I dont want them thinking they can live with 5" of snow on the driveway.

My customers love me and I have 69 of them in a 3 mile circle. I dont drive 2 miles to get to a house that can wait till I'm ready to plow. Add in your drive time to each house and figure out how much an hour you make.

What does it cost to drive 21 miles? that is what I drive to go past EVERY customer and go home.

:eek: I even go by all my customers the NEXT day:eek: Just to check up on cars that have moved and so on.