1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residential Rates

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by S-205, Dec 6, 2010.

1. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Alright guys, I am trying to get residential work along my street. They are all country houses. I have a route of commericial work that I do for most of a night,and then I get home on my atv and do a little residential. This year, I am doing these houses on my own, last year I did them through my dads company. I have a Grizzly 660 with a 48" CC blade, which I am hopefully putting wings on. The thing is, I need to know what fair rates. Fact: Most companies in my area charge $75 for a medium sized driveway (for example those U-shaped driveways that are about 150 feet in length) It really doesn't cost me all that much to run the atv, and its already payed off so its pure profit. I was thinking around $35 for smaller driveways (a normal 2 car wide, 75 foot) and $50 for a larger ones (single car width but longer). I know this has been asked before but I wanted some recent information, if it helps I live in Ontario, pretty close to Hamilton.

2. yell llc

yell llc Member

sounds cheap to me. just cuz its paid off dosent mean that it should be done for free!

3. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Very true, but I can get 2, if not 3, done within an hour. And because most of them are larger in size, its about $90/hr, give or take. Still too little.

4. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

those rates are about what i would charge and i live in pennsylvania where 6in is a pretty big storm so just because of the fact that you will probably be plowing much deeper storms i would charge more as it's clearly alot of work.

5. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Yea, good point. Often times it is 4-6 inches. But in the preceding years we haven't had alot of 12 inch storms. Thanks.

6. big450es

big450es Junior Member
    from PA

I like $60 hr, depending on the driveway it take 20mins to complete, so $20 people usally dosent complain

7. mudman

mudman Junior Member

I'm $60/hr in B.C.. Unless you are doing it because it's fun, you are doing it to make money whether your machine is paid for or not.

8. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

I is partially for fun, I enjoy doing it. Another reason is, alot of people already have someone doing but they are willing to change if the price is right. A few people I've talked to, don't really care if I am $10 cheaper, so I went a little lower. This isn't my only means of making money so I figured it was fair. I got a few jobs for $50 a time.

9. MilesFox

MilesFox Junior Member

I am doing resident sidewlks for 5 bucks each, with the idea of having customers in a row on whole blocks, where i would make 25/50 bucks for just driving down the sidewalk 2 or 3 times. I may be selling myself too cheap, but i have 25 properties already, takes be about 6 hours to do, and is worth 125-150 by the end of the day.

5 bucks gets the city sidewalk, and additional details are 5 bucks, such as going from the sidewalk to the stoop/door/mailbox and salt, and 5 bucks to clear the garage in the alley. One property is worth as much as $15 for a whole service, but as little as 5 to just drive by houses n a row.