1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residential Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pyrocare, Dec 2, 2007.

1. pyrocare

pyrocare Junior Member

I was able to do most of my Residential sidewalks last night and all but 1 of my commercial lots last night.

I had about 20 residential ones left to do today but everything was frozen rock hard and was close to that last night when we stopped. There is about an inch to one and a half inches of ice on the sidewalks from the snow, sleet, then rain we got yesterday.

My question is, how would have you handled the sidewalks.

We just put down salt pretty heavy and the forecast for tomorrow is the upper 30s so we were hoping it would just melt it off. What is your opinions on that approach.

You might want to add sanding/salting to all your future contracts. It should state that when sidewalks can't be cleaned, they will be sanded/salted. Of course you need to figure this into your pricing. It becomes your responsibility to make the walkways safe and usable once you accept the job.
  3. pyrocare

pyrocare Junior Member

We accually have a salting included in the contracts, and it has already been figured into the price. I was seeing what your approach would be to dealing with the layer of ice we can't take off with the Walker plow, snowblower, or skidloader.
  4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

well we all know what the city and township plows do dump tons not pounds