1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residential promotions

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Theshoemaker, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Does anybody use "promotions, or deals" when advertising residentials?? If so, what do you use?I'm thinking of advertising a couple bucks off 1st visit or something along that line.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

say get "2 neighbors or the same street and give a % off" or something along that route. Remember the tighter the route the easier and (usually) more $ you'll make

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

4. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

I'd sign up for that one. :laughing:

A friend of mine advertises that if u sign up a neighbor he sends a $50 cheque. I'm not sure if that worked well or not. Must have he bought a second kubota L series tractor.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  5. Premier

Premier Senior Member

Grandview what if i get 4 neighbors to sign up? :laughing:

6. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

then you only have to pay 125% of your original price!

7. Exact Services

Exact Services Senior Member

I was considering an early sign up special for flat rate seasonals...give them a cut off time sign up by such and such date and get $XX off.?

8. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Yea, that works also, i did that years ago and had pretty good results with it.

9. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Thats what we do, its highly effective, and you get your money up front.

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You really should try and fill up your route first with full fare customers first then fill in the holes with the discounts so your not wasting drive time.

11. poolboy

poolboy Junior Member

I just use monthly flat rate for custs and tell them it is figured into the rate

12. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

i give them a june to august discount

13. Exact Services

Exact Services Senior Member

I see your point. With each passing year my residential snow service area gets smaller. My lawn service area is much larger but grass grows gradually and you can plan routes around various areas. So my logic is I'll gladly shave off a few $ off flat rate seasonals to get the market concentration I really want literally in a single neighborhood and frankly tell the out skirt people I can't service that area or if I do the rates will be much much higher than last year or save those for the per event only plans at some of the astronomical rates many poster here on plowsite claim to get for plowing a driveway and never getting out of the truck to shovel. I also completely clear steps and walks.

Bottom line I need some sort of gauge to find out if snow is really worth doing vs. another winter fill in job such as pizza delivery. Last 2 winters I did snow to gain lawn customers. I now have more lawn customer now than I can frankly handle when there is more than 1 day of rain per week.

14. sherwti

sherwti Junior Member

Would anyone share there marketing plan or point me the right direction..... Sample of letter...Mailings or hangers for Mail Box. I appreciate any assistance. I am a newbee just starting out... looking to develope tight route with residential and light commercial. How many jobs or hours can you take on and still provide great customer service? Please advise