1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residential Price Review

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cclc1021, Sep 29, 2006.

1. cclc1021

cclc1021 Junior Member

Hello all. My name is Harold, this will be my 2nd year doing snow removal. Last year I serviced a few commerical lots. This year one of my lawn care customers needs a snow maintenance agreement.

This is what I quoted her

Seasonal Agreement
    Services Seasonal Price
    Snow Plowing $300.00
    Shoveling $125.00
    Snow blower w/oper. $110.00
    De-icing / Chemicals $100.00
    Total Seasonal Price $ 571.50

Per Visit Agreement
    Services 2”-6” 6”-12” 12” and above
    Snow Plowing $40.00 $80.00 $200.00 Price Per Visit
    Shoveling 2”-6” $25.00 6”-12” $45.00 12” + $125.00 Price per visit
    Snow Blower w/oper. 2”-6” $20.00 6”-12” $40.00 12”+ 110.00 Price per visit
    De-icing/Chemicals 2”-6” $20.00 6”-12” $40.00 12”+ 110.00 Price per visit

Once I provided her with the estimate, she informed me did not need or want any chemical treatments. She also informed me that the 90-foot strip of sidewalk (which I did include) along the side of the house that must be cleared within 24 hours of the end of a storm. It's public access. I was not aware initially that this area was public access nor that it needed to be cleared in 24 hours after a storm.

I would like to know if my pricing is fair? Should I revise it based onthe need for 24 hour response? She lives about 15 minutes from my home, but I have other commercial clients lined up as well. I am in the Maryland area.

Thanks for any input.

Harold

2. cclc1021

cclc1021 Junior Member

Does anyone have any suggestions on the post below. Any input would be appreciated.

Harold

3. 2moresleeps

2moresleeps Senior Member
    from Ontario

Personally, I have never seen a residential price structure so well thought out. :dizzy: My customers would turn and run with all of those figures although, even if you are limited in your customer base, with those prices, you will NOT go broke......good for you.

We charge the customers in our area $350 FLAT FEE per season. My first year I charged $250. My second year $275, my third $325 so for your second year, you are doing well.

I say stick to the price you gave and if she accepts, great. Use the fact that you are limiting your residential customers to provide them with BETTER service than ever before and you'd be surprised at how they bite.